Wishlist / TODO

Coordinator
Jun 19, 2014 at 6:33 AM
Edited Jun 19, 2014 at 6:37 AM
I would like to add an 'Options' menu similar to that found in ReSharper.   The reason for this is it looks much nicer than what currently exists in this project.   Also, the string parsing for each line in the Output window can be better refined with color, much like the Linux implementation.

Here is what is done so far from 'details'.

I already have a string format color algorithm that works rather well to format prompts and other things in former projects.   How this would play in with regex might be a bit tricky.   What I have done in the past with the ColorG(CC/++) project was to account for all the different output formats and tokenize what would be in-between the ':' or " ' " (quotes).

Example:    &+1Mystring is red&+0

Where:   '+' = Foreground**

'-' = Background**

'=' = Special*

| *   ---     (0, 1, 4 ) Reset, Bold, Flash,

| ** ---     (0-6) Color Index mapped (from 30-36 / 40-46 minus 30/40 respectively as found in VT100) 

By saving the result information from the output into variables mapped as labels might be an idea.  Something like this:

Original:

========== Build: 3 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

New:

If grep'd for a footer message such as /^====*/ => @FOOTER_STRING

Pre-process the information out into variables used for later.

========== Build: ${BUILD_SUCCEDED} succeeded, ${BUILD_FAILED} failed, ${BUILD_UPTODATE} up-to-date, ${BUILD_SKIPPED} skipped ==========

Now replace @FOOTER_STRING with a custom output:

$+2-=-=-=-=-=-=-$=0 $+4$=1Build Results$=0: ${BUILD_SUCCEDED} / ${BUILD_FAILED} / ${BUILD_UPTODATE} / ${BUILD_SKIPPED}  -=-=-=-=-=-=-